Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Song Of The Righteous

During the past six weeks I have thought a lot about this blog and everything I wanted it to include. I have never blogged before so I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted to do when I created one. I decided I wanted it to have a theme, but I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted the theme to be.
Those of you who know me you know I am obsessed with music, and as I laid in bed one night trying to fall asleep I was thinking of how much I enjoy music and how happy I feel when I listen to music. It suddenly dawned on me that the Lord also loves music. "For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me..." (D&C 25:12)
At that moment I knew exactly what I wanted the theme for my blog to be!
Over the next couple of years I want to compare the various aspects of music to the various aspects of the gospel, and I hope that as I write these blogs I will be able keep that "song" in my heart and better help others understand the importance of the gospel in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment